Tuesday 3 February 2015

Acting Assesment evaluation

My classmates bad I have been explore a Brecht play called Dr Korczack's example. After reading through script for two weeks and getting to understand the play even more we had to get into groups of three. My group included Valentina and Christopher. Emma then divided the scenes between each group and told us that we had to use the script from Dr Korczack's example and assign ourselves to a character and use Brechtian devises in our pieces. My group had scenes 18,19,20. Before we got to work we each chose the character we wanted to.

I volunteered to play both Dr Koczack's and the Priest , Valentina was Adizio and Chris was Stephanie . After choosing our characters we then moved on to re-reading the script and included where we could insert different types of Brechtian techniques. In the beggining of our scene was all about when The Priest, Stephanie and Adizio. This was when the Priest wasn't allowing Adizio and Stephanie in the garden because they were Jews . My group and I discussed that we would start off our.

Piece by introducing ourselves by standing in a V line and using direct address (which is one of the common techniques to be used in a Brecht) plays and introduce ourselves  and the characters we are playing. This was a short lesson and we had to continue the rest next week. Next week the whole class sat down and spent at least half an hour in each other's group and started making the dolls out of newspapers and bottles. After this we all went onto working on our Brecht pieces. Firstly we quickly went over what we did last week. We then moved on to beginning the scene.

This is where Adizio and Stephanie are trying to get into the church but the priest wouldn't let them because the we're Jews, they then have an argument and the Priest tells them to get out. While Adizio and Stephanie walk out Adizio throws the stone at the church. When inserting Brechtian techniques and devices into our pieces we included unison , direct address and montage's. We also included canon as well. We used these devices to exaggerate the smash of the stone that had been thrown at the church and show the image of Jews not being accepted.

We then moved onto scene 19 and this where doctor Korczack gives Stephanie and Adizio a talk about how he's disappointed in both of them and is explaining to Adizio how important tithe children's court is. For this scene I was going to get changed on stage turning from the priest into doctor Korczack. I was going to wear all white for the Priests scene and then all black with a tie and glasses when transforming to Dr Korczack.

We also used levels to show how doctor Korczack going from having a higher status to being when arguing with Adizio . Also there is a part where doctor Korczack is talking to the soldier . We used one of the dolls to be like the soldier , had the doll facing doctor Korczack while doctor Korczack spoke to the audience . At the ending of scene 19 we use cannon to exaggerate when doctor Korczack says I'd wish you'd just shoot by saying the word bang. For scene 20 we decided that we would have Adizio and Stephanie would use direct address for this scene, and we used the script because this was a device that Brecht used because he still wanted the audience to know that they were still in the theatre.
On the day of our assessment we did a quick rehearsal and then we started. We did the scenes in order from 1 -23 . Each group did very and definitely used a lot of Brecht devices. My group did well in the beginning but unfortunately my two other colleagues did not learn their lines very well and ended having to it early because of this . I was very angry about this purely because we did great work in the rehearsals. I enjoy working with Dr Korczack's example script.

My strengths I would say would have to be that I can Identify where we could put the different types of Brecht techniques and also being able to know them another strength was I was able stay in my character role throughout the piece. One of my weaknesses I would have to say was that I kept using direct address as an advantage and kept using it continuously. A target that I would set is that I would explore other Brecht techniques than the ones I did in my piece and try and use those as well instead of repeating the one's I had in my piece already.

No comments:

Post a Comment